Eater Louisville launched six months ago yesterday (ok, there were two weeks of posts before the site was officially announced on Nov. 15, 2012; let’s consider those dates the gestation period).
During that time, the site’s published almost 450 posts and picked up 814 Twitter followers and 742 Facebook fans. If you’re not among them, much appreciated if you’d give it a follow or be a fan (and may I interest you in subscribing to the Eater Louisville newsletter?). Thanks to our readers, tipsters, colleagues at Eater, and all the folks involved in Louisville’s restaurant scene.
Here are some highlights from the first six months, selected because they broke a story, were fun to write, or received positive feedback from readers:
- Download Your Robin Garr Chipotle Ordering Tip Sheet
- Why, I Do Declare the Pimento Cheese Social a Fabulous Success
- 12 Questions with ‘Smoke & Pickles’ Author Edward Lee
- The Analects of Yelper Jeff J.
- 17 Questions with Wiltshire on Market’s Susan Hershberg
- WFPL Reviewer Likes Decca, Prefers Herself
- Taco Punk’d: NuLu Restaurant Asks For Donations So It Can Keep Selling $10 Taco Platters
- Former Server Says Lynn’s Not Quite Paradise
- So, Is Maker’s Mark Bourbon House & Lounge ‘The Most Racist Restaurant In America?’
- Eater Louisville Launch Party at Proof on Main
Photo: Courtesy Eater Louisville