Later purchased by Groupon, UpTake.com was a travel search and discovery site—the first step for travelers to decide where to go, where to stay, or what to do. The overall site had 4 million visitors a month while its blog had 150,000 readers. Its target market was women with families, age 30 to 55 who plan travel.
UpTake is defunct, so my articles no longer appear online there. You can read these sample engagements, however, in .pdf format.
- “Economy Inn in Louisville: For When You Need Flexibility (or Meth)”
- “An Objective Review of the Accommodations at My Parents’ House”
- “Hotel Byblos in Saint-Tropez Offers Luxury Accommodations on the French Riveria–Just Not to Me”
- “Business Class on Cathay Pacific from New York to Hong Kong: The Winged Child of a Hostel and a Ritz-Carlton”
- “Chicago’s Hotel Monaco Offers Great Views from Warm, Chic Rooms”
- “Bloody Bed Sheets and Accusations of Quickies at the West Yarmouth, Mass. Econo Lodge”
- “Relax at The Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach and Eau Spa”